Registration for the Spring 2017 season is now open.
Please read the following information..
The Girls on the Run program contains two different curriculums:
- Our Girls on the Run (GOTR) curriculum is for girls in grades 3-5. Teams are limited to a maximum of 15 to 20 girls.
- Our Heart & Sole curriculum is for girls in grades 6-8. Teams are limited to a maximum of 12 girls.
- Both programs will begin on the week of March 6, 2017.
- The last day to register for any available spaces is March 9, 2017.
- NO ADDITIONAL REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THE FIRST WEEK OF THE PROGRAM AT YOUR SITE.
Registration is limited to ONLY girls who attend the sites where we’re offering the program. Girls who are homeschooled are welcomed to register at the site where they would attend school.
Our list of Spring 2017 sites will be posted soon.
If your school does not currently offer the program, please visit our Starting a New Site page to learn how you can help bring Girls on the Run to your school or community center.
The Lottery Registration Process and How it Works:
In order to keep our registration process fair for everyone, all girls are registered using a lottery system. Upon initial registration, girls are considered to be in ‘lottery’ status until February 28.
Here’s how it works:
- Complete our registration form online. If you’re unable to complete the form online, please contact Laura Waetjen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 484-577-1074.
- All payments collected during this time are held but not processed until February 28, 2017. Please make sure that you keep registration fee funds in the appropriate account so that you do not encounter problems when registrations are officially processed on February 28, 2017.
- On on February 28, 2017 our computer software will run the lottery process at each site. If the maximum number or fewer participants are entered into the lottery at a site, ALL girls will be selected to participate and any additional spaces will remain open on a first-come, first-served basis. If more than the maximum number of participants are entered into the lottery at a site, the computer will randomly select and officially register the maximum number allowed.
If your child is selected:
Her registration will be officially processed.Your credit/debit card will be charged or other form of payment processed.
You will receive a confirmation email/receipt.
If your child is NOT selected:
Your payment information will be held for the following reason: Sometimes girls who registered and were chosen by the lottery system are not able to participate. This means that additional openings may become available within the first week of programming. If spaces become available, we will notify girls who remain on the waiting list and process their registration and payment.
What happens if my daughter is not selected to participate this spring?
IF your daughter is not selected to participate this season, we will retain her name and site information. She will be given priority registration for the next season in which GOTR is offered at her site.
PROGRAM COSTS AND FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE:
The program registration fee is $150 and includes:
- Twenty (20) 90-minute lessons conducted by certified GOTR coaches
- All lesson supplies and materials
- An official Girls on the Run or Heart & Sole program shirt
- A 5k t-shirt
- A water bottle
- Registration for the end-of-season GOTR 5k event
- A 5k finisher medal
- An end-of season team celebration
- A Grown Up Guide for parents and family
- Increased confidence and joy and the power to walk tall!
Other expenses covered by our program fee include curriculum materials and coach boxes, 5k expenses, intensive coaches’ training, CPR/First Aid training for coaches, liability insurance and an end-of-season gathering for the girls.
While not mandatory, we strongly encourage all girls to have a running buddy for the end-of-season 5K event. Running buddies provide positive encouragement to their girl throughout the 5K . Many times, parents or other family members serve as running buddies. Running buddies are required to pay our 5K registration fee, which is $25 by the early registration deadline, $30 after this deadline or $35 on 5K day. Please note that our GOTR girls do NOT pay the 5K registration fee; this is included as part of their program registration.
If a family is unable to identify a running buddy for their GOTR girl from within their family or circle of friends, our council can provide a buddy for her from among a pool of screened community volunteers who are eager to run with our girls!
We are committed to providing this program to all girls regardless of their ability to pay the full program fee. For families indicating the need for financial assistance, we will collect our fees based on annual household income during the registration process. If you have any questions regarding financial assistance, please contact Laura Waetjen at email@example.com or 484-577-1074.